Monday, August 29, 2011

Some Naked Lady Reading the Book of North American Authors, and other stories by Connell

Reading the North American Authors
(In all fairness, she was wearing a peach colored robe when I took the picture. I dunno what happened, there...)(OK, maybe I know what happened)


Smoking Out the Balcony




I quit smoking back in 2002 and haven't broken down, yet.
Am tempted on occasion. I WILL use a smoker for a patch if I have to, and it drives them nuts. I just stand close to them and sniff the air.
They ask..."whatcha doing?" I say I quit smoking, but, needed a quick "patch"...they offer a cigarette, I decline and sniff them till they leave.
The two of us were worried about our being a smoker and a non smoker together, but, strangely (and to absolutely NO credit to my two ex wives who complained bitterly from the first day of marriage till the divorces) ...it didn't bother me at all.
Her breath was a bit smokey but she would drink a pop or something.
Her kisses were like kissing an angel...
Just as sweet as a drop of honey.


Jeanie (with too many face lines)


I have to explore all the aspects of drawing and painting for a bit.
The more focused I can get, the better.
However, Jeanie said that I add just one more line on her face she's gonna clobber me.
I don't get it.
I thought people were supposed to be happy about growing old?


(uh...not that Jeanie is growing old, mind you. In fact, she stopped having birthdays years ago...)(many, many years ago)


So, lets talk about REALLY old. This barn was built in the sixties...
Old Gray Barn Outside Thorntown




Not a bad picture if you consider that I dropped it while I was painting it.
I recorded the process, so, soon enough, a quickie lesson about how to fix a mistake in oil paints. And a quickie is always good from me...


Oh, yeah...
The barn WAS built in the sixties...
1867.
No wonder the roof is going bad.




d=^))

1 comment:

Jean said...

Was gonna say, damn, I'm older than the barn! But, since it is from the 1860s I can thumb my nose at that. heh.

Top two sketches are very flattering so of course I like them.


View My Stats