Sunday, June 12, 2011

I really don't like commissions so much


OK, some explanation. The lower half is three washes of acrylic so that people can sign in marker.
Our preacher retired and it was requested of me to produce a painting of the church.
And so...
Last time I saw it, there were about fifty to a hundred signatures on it.
Later, I  will request of Bill to come photograph it with signatures.

I had forgotten how much I liked painting 2 foot by 3 foot canvases, and, it makes me a bit sad.
I will be trying to round up enough scratch to get stick supports and make some myself.
and, if I get REALLY bold...
I also like 3'x4'. but THAT really takes the wind out of the sails when one is finished.

2 comments:

darkfoam said...

that's a nice painting of the church and leaving a space blank for signatures is a great idea. i'm sure your pastor will like it.

Jean said...

That turned out so well, it should bring tears to his eyes.


View My Stats